Monday, July 2, 2007

Sepial Fine Film Photography


Recently I have found myself on a quest to find other photographers who embrace and love film photography as much as I do. This website http://www.sepial.com/ shows just that. This is a professional website for an independent photographer to show his work and gain clientel. The reason I was so drawn to this website was partially the inclusion of "film" in the title and mostly because this artist stated that he only uses film. Damian Counsell, who runs this company, states that "...Unlike most professional photographers today, I use real film. I believe that, in good hands, film photography makes more beautiful pictures than digital photography. Fortunately for me, most digital photographers don’t have good hands.

Compare my photos on this site with my competitors’. I don’t manipulate my images, either in the darkroom or with tools like Photoshop—except to crop, rotate, or resize them for the Web. My images have appeared in magazines and newspapers in the UK, the States, and the Middle East."

All in all I find him and his work very impressive. This company embodies all that I love and respect about film photographers. Check out his site and you will see the true beauty of film photography (something I have been boasting about since day one) and hopefully you can gain the respect for film photography that I have acquired.

No comments: